Another quiet week


Another fairly quiet week. School seems to have eased into a regular routine, 90% paperwork, 5% fielding petty complaints and 5% doing something worthwhile. If I had time, I think I should keep a note of activities and meetings that I have to deal with, that are just a complete waste of time, resources, money or just plain stupid. I could then put them in a book and retire on the proceeds (some OFSTED inspectors do). Even the NAHT (Headteachers Union) got me to read (took 20 mins) a circular that explained how burdensome bureaucracy was, and I shouldn’t waste my time on unnecessary paperwork as it was causing 66% of Headteachers to retire early. Too late, I had read it!


I did do some coaching at the rugby club on Thursday for the first time this season, and I really did enjoy it. I followed it up by carrying the First Aid kit at Saturdays Cup Match and satisfyingly they won 56:5. At least I did make difference to something this week.


Friday night, we had a BBQ with some friends and then we get very depressed watching England being outclassed by South Africa. Charlotte arrived at 9pm with Lucas. Suraj was relaying the wooden floor in the lounge over the week-end and the smell of the stain/wood preservative was overpowering. She brought Lucas out of the way, until it was all down.


Sue got in a couple of days supply on the two days that she is contracted to work, but she didn’t have to rush off anywhere else in the mornings through a late phone call.


Sarah had swimming gala on Saturday night. She didn’t get back until 11pm, but it was a successful meeting as the club retained its place in the 1st Division.


Sunday morning saw Sue, Charlotte, Sarah and Lucas off to a local car-boot sale. Two hours later they were back with more toys than your average 9 month old could play with in a life-time!!!!!


Jamie got his first proper pay packet on Friday, but as it was a cheque he will have to wait until it is cleared by the bank, so he is broke at the moment. However, though he did stay in on Saturday night (first time in a long time) he was off jet skiing with a friend on Sunday morning.


The rest of us, after Sunday lunch, went to another Farm Park with Lucas. The weather stayed fine, the animals were all cuddly (except for a pair of grumpy goats). We saw three trolls under a bridge, Sue and Lucas had a ride in barrel, Charlotte and Lucas played forever inside a plastic tunnel, Sarah put together an animal jigsaw (nearly) and I lost two bets on the piglet racing. A nice day.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s